Forum Rules and Regulations
The Site invites our members to chat, to contribute to our online Good Media forum, and provides you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display and comment on posts.
This is a safe space for all the family to visit and we insist that members treat each other with respect. We come from various walks of life and therefore you will come across members whose views vary or are directly opposed to yours. Be open minded, this is an opportunity for all of us to grow and of course make our community stronger. Discuss like adult and sometimes agreeing to disagree, remember it is hard to change people’s viewpoints and being aggressive will make it impossible.
Rules and Regulations
Contributions are viewable by other users of the forum. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- The forum language is English, please do not post/comment in other languages.
- You are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorise us, the Site, and other users of the Site to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms and Conditions.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms and Conditions
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libellous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not regarding any political situation or view.
- Your Contributions are not regarding religion in any way.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical or mental handicap.
- Your Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
Breach of Forum Etiquette
Our forum is fully inclusive and should be a safe place for ALL our members to view and get involved in.
We hope you will use the forum to the maximum, and it will become a source of useful information along with informative debate and community development.
The forum is automatically monitored for breaches of etiquette, however we believe it is impossible for any system to catch everything, therefore we ask all our members to assist us with this.
If you believe a post or comment is in breach of our rules you can bring it to our attention via the offending member’s profile page. Please use this with care and thoughtfulness. Let’s work together to make the community forum a welcoming place for all.
Any reports of breaches will be investigated by your Community Manager with the following actions taken.
- If the CM deems the report to have no basis, then the reporter will be told of the decision.
- Minor breaches will result in a PM message warning the offender and asking they delete or correct the post/comment.
- Posts deemed to be in a more serious breach will follow this procedure:
- First Offence – The offender will be given a 7 day ban from posting or commenting on the forum. They will still be able to view all posts/comments.
- Second Offence – The offender will be given a 30 day ban from posting or commenting on the forum. They will still be able to view all posts/comments.
- Third Offence – The offender will be banned from posting or commenting on the forum for the rest of their membership term, they will not be allowed to renew their membership for the following year. They will still be able to view all posts/comments until the membership finishes.
The Community Manager will have the final say in all incidents of rule breaches.
Reviews of Products and Services
The principal benefits of your membership are to build community bonds, promoting local businesses and raising much needed funds for local Charities.
Each Business Partner is a local business and each one offers all our members savings via either discounts or offers. You are encouraged to take advantage of as many of these savings as you need.
When using the directory and purchasing items or using services you are encouraged to create reviews to allow other members to make their choices.
Whilst we hope that nearly all reviews are positive, we understand that things don’t always go as well as we would like. Before creating any less than positive reviews, we ask the following items to be considered:
- Please remember all views on service and products are down to your own expectations. Were they realistic?
- Remember high quality goods and services usually come at a higher price than poorer quality ones.
- Did you know in advance exactly what you were expecting, regarding quality or usability of the goods?
- Did you speak to the business owner before placing your order/arranging service to explain exactly what you required?
- If the goods/service was not up to your expectation, did you give the Business Owner/Manager, the opportunity to put things right?